Apple’s computing infrastructure has long been aimed at the creative professional, with emphasis on photo and video editing featuring prominently in marketing material past and present. The only problem with this is that industry-leading software like Adobe Premier, After Effects and Apple’s own Final Cut series are very expensive while there are very few free video editing applications for the OS X.
If you’ve just bought your first Mac then you might not have realized that it already comes with a basic video editor called iMovie. Yet the iMovie work with only a few video formats created by certain cameras only. If you’re using iMovie ’08 or later with a connected camera or camcorder, you may receive one of the following messages:
- “When you try to use a camera or device, iMovie may indicate that it can’t see the camera”.
- “When you try to import or export video to or from a camera or device, iMovie may unexpectedly stop importing, exporting, or responding”.
For people that are having trouble with importing AVCHD footage to iMovie, and video-editing beginners who prefer an easier way to manage camcorder AVCHD MTS/M2TS footage in batch, Pavtube Media Magician for Mac is a nice alternative worth a try. No matter you are an experienced videographer or a video-editing novice, you will be very impressed with its easy-to-use processing and wide support to camera and AVCHD camcorder file types.
Compatibility: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8)
Media Magician for Mac includes a Camcorder Wizard tool for users to simply archive and transfer recorded camera videos to Mac computer in batch. It is easy to filter and choose desired HD clips by film date or file type for downloading to your computer.
Supported File Types and Cameras/Camcorders:
- MTS, M2TS, MP4, AVI, MOV from Digital cameras (Canon Vixia, Panasonic Lumix, etc);
- AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MOD, TOD from HDD based camcorders (Sony Handycam, Panasonic HD, JVC Everio, etc);
- All HD footage from Flash drive cameras;
All of your HD footage on camcorder HDD can be quickly transferred to Mac HDD, no matter what kind of cam you use. And there is a built-in media library for you to organize existing HD footage in batch. This new released Media Magician for Mac app takes into consideration easy managing & editing of ANY VIDEO on Mac – it also supports a wide variety of common video formats such as MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, MPEG, TS, TiVo, VOB, etc.
Highlights of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac:
- Importing directly from camera/camcorder or backup camcorder videos to local HDD.
- Timeline editing, helping you edit camera clips in an easy and accurate way.
- Frame by Frame editing, helping you trim, cut and delete unwanted parts accurately.
- Adding 3D and other special effects to clips on timeline.
- Output Apple ProRes MOV for editing in FCP (X) without rendering.
- Featuring optimal presets for iMovie, FCE, Avid Studio, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Adobe After Effects, and Apple Aperture.
- Exporting files best suited for playing on Android devices, Windows devices, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, HD Player, PSP/PS3, and HDV.
- Transcoding camera videos to a wide range of file formats, including AVI, MPEG-2, WMV, MOV, MKV, MPEG-4, and M2TS.
- Lossless output – keeping original format of source media, and rewrapping source video to MKV container without quality loss.
- Directlyupload camera videos onto YouTube by using your already-have YouTube account.