Why do you need to convert MXF to MOV format for editing on Mac?
If you need to edit videos usually, you may know that MXF is a container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. MXF files is not compatible well on Mac OS and it is supported by many portable players and some software like Quicktime, iMovie, FCP and so on. MOV is a video format which supported by many softwares on Mac. To paly MXF files on Quicktime or edit MXF files with iMovie/FCP/Avid/Premiere on Mac, Mac users should find a solution to convert MXF to MOV on Mac.
Users’ MXF clips to MOV conversion need:
- Case1: “Hi, I need to convert .MXF films into .MOV films for editing purposes. I recorded many MXF clips during the new Year, now I’m looking to bring a .mxf file into FCP. How do I convert it into a .mov file so I can import it into FCP? . Please help.”
- Case2: “I am currently using log and transfer to import mxf files quality into fcp6 (used an hvx200 on dvcpro settings for 4×3 aspect ratio). most of the footage looks really good. however, a few shots have some bad interlacing (static frame with some, but not a ton, of motion). when i view the mxf’s in the capture window, they do not appear to have these issues. “
Solution to convert MXF to MOV on Mac
First, you will need a MXF to MOV Converter on Mac, by google serach “mxf converter for mac”, you will find Pavtube MXF Converter is the best choice for you, this is top mxf video converter in the market.
Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac is an intuitive and perfect MXF to MOV Converter specially designed for Mac users. It supports convert MXF files from Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 and Canon XF series camcorders, such as AG-HVX200A series, AJ-HPX3100, AG-HPX250, Canon XF100, XF300, XF305, and Sony XDCAM. It enables you convert MXF recordings to any video format link MOV, AVI, MP4, MKV, MPEG, SWF, FLV, MTS, M2TS, and so on. Then you can enjoy them on any portable devices, such as the iPad 3, iPhone 5, HTC One, Xbox 360, Galaxy Tab 2, BlackBerry Z10,Kindle Fire HD, Nook HD, Nexus 10/7/4, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 8.0, Surface RT/Pro and more.
If your editing software does not accept MXF footage, you can use this MXF Converter for Mac software to converting MXF files for using in FCP, FCP X, iMovie, FCE 4, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere Pro and so on. or put MXF files to Quicktime for playing on Mac OS X.
Here is the main interface of the MXF converter for Mac.
You can choose rich output formats for editing on Mac,
- Editing in FCP you can choose Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format;
- For editing in iMovie/FCE, you can choose Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) MOV format;
- For editing in Avid, you can pick DNxHD codec MOV format, etc.
After conversion, you can follow these guides to import clips to software for editing on Mac:
- How to Import Media files to Avid?
- How to import P2 footage to FCP directly from a P2 card
- How to Import video files to FCP X?
- How to Import projects to iMovie?
With this MXF converter mac, you can edit and play recorded MXF on Mac Mountain Lion 10.8, just take a free try on this useful software.