Summary: Pavtube Mac MTS Converter for iMovie – a prfessional MTS to AIC Codec Transcoder is the ideal tool to transcode Sony Handycam HDR-CX200 recording AVCHD MTS to iMovie compatibly format Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC).
Sony Handycam HDR-CX200 specs: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/sony-handycam-hdr-cx200/4507-6500_7-35127841.html
If you have a Sony Handycam HDR-CX200 camcorder and use it to record some of the MTS videos as the memory, then edit HDR-CX200 1080/60i AVCHD MTS in iMovie on Mac to get better effect, share the memory with with your friends and families, but worse, when you intend to import the 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie on Mac, you will depressedly find that iMovie cannot ingest 1080/60i AVCHD MTS from Sony CX200 camera, the reason that the MPEG-4/H.264 is a compatible codec for playback but not so good for editing with iMovie. Thus, how to import Sony HDR-CX200 1080/60i AVCHD MTS to iMovie on Mac for editing successfully and easily?
In fact, the best compatible video format for iMovie is MOV in AIC (Apple InterMediate Codec) while the Sony CX200 recording is H.264 MTS, M2TS format. That means we need to transcode CX200 1080i MTS recordings to AIC for iMovie on Mac Mountain Lion via an easy-to-use and professional Mac MTS Converter for iMovie is vital in solving the incompatibility problem. I believe Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is the best choice for you. Which not only can transcode Sony MTS clips to iMovie with original quality, also can deinterlace the 1080i files to make it more smoothier on HDTV and iMovie, split long clip for easy uploading to YouTube, Vimeo etc., repalce the orginal audio in added MTS files, etc. So, the top MTS Converter for iMovie is your best choice. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Now the conversion starts with…
1. Connect the Sony Handycam HDR-CX200 to your Apple with USB2.0. Download and run Pavtube Mac AVCHD Converter for iMovie. Click “add” to load your MTS videos to the top MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac. If your MTS files have already been transferred to your Apple hard drive, you can easily drag them to the best Mac MTS to AIC Converter.
Tip: If you have multiple Sony CX200 1080/60i MTS clips, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge/combine the Sony CX200 MTS clips into one file for iMovie, so that you can play these files without interruption.
2. Select the best output format for iMovie and set the output folder.
Click “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu. Move you pointer to “iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)”. The AIC is the compatible format for you to copy Sony 1080/60i MTS to iMovie on Mac Mountain Lion. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
3. Click the “Convert” button to start Convert CX200 1080/60i AVCHD MTS to AIC for iMovie with 5.1 channels on Mac immediately.
After conversion, you can upload Sony MTS videos to YouTube, Vimeo etc., you can also stream the AVCHD videos to your friends and families for sharing. As long as you want, you can also do the more you want to do.
Tip 1: The professional Mac MTS Converter for iMovie is the best application for Sony CX series users for the reason, that it not only can convert AVCHD MTS files to iMovie, but also can transcode Sony CX200 MTS to FCP or FCE.
Tip 2: Pavtube Mac AVCHD Converter for iMovie is offering a discount now – 20% OFF, if you are interested in purchasing, never miss the chance, please click here: http://www.pavtube.com/2012-summer-sale.html
- Convert/Compress Panasonic LX7 1080 50p/60p MTS to AIC for editing MTS footages in iMovie/FCE
- Mac AVCHD to iMovie-Transcode Sony NEX-F3 MTS to AIC for iMovie with best video and audio quality
- MTS to iMovie-Convert AVCHD/MTS/M2TS Footages to AIC MOV for iMovie editing on Mac
- Convert Canon Vixia XA10 AVCHD videos to AIC/Prores for iMovie/FCP
- Mac MTS to iMovie Converter-Import Sony A77 MTS clips to iMovie for editing on Mac