Adobe Premiere Elements is an enthusiast-level video editing application. However, 4K resolution together with the codec 4K Apple ProRes and 4K XF-AVC MXF really brings great confusion to Premiere Elements users when they are trying to import and edit 4K XAVC files in Premiere Elements 13/12/11/10. In fact, even the latest Premiere Elements 13 doesn’t add the support for the XAVC S codec. To edit Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC in Premiere Elements, you will need to convert Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to a more editing-friendly format such as MPEG-2, WMV or MOV etc.
The article would show you how to change Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to Premiere Elements compatible formats in Windows 8/7/Vista/XP step-by step by using the professional yet easy-to-use video app – Pavtube Video Converter. By running it, there’s no need to set the codec yourself: the program has optimized presets for Adobe Premiere Elements. With it, you can convert any video file to Premiere Elements supported format with loss-less quality. If you’re using a Mac, please turn to Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, which can help you convert Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to Premiere Elements on Mac OS X (macOS Sierra, El Capitan Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion included). Now just get the program and follow the tutorial below to finish your task.
Why Choose Pavtube Video Converter?
- Convert Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to Premiere Elements compatible formats with 3 steps
- Convert Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, iMovie, FCP, Avid Media Composer, Windows Movie Make etc
- Convert SD/HD 4K ProRes to any formats like MP4, MOV, H.265, MPEG-2, AVI, M3U8 etc
- Convert SD/HD 4K MXF to any formats like MP4, MOV, H.265, MPEG-2, AVI, ProRes, M3U8 etc
- Convert and Downsacle Canon C700 4K to 1080p or upsacle 1080p to 4K.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP
- Compatible with macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
* Windows version – Pavtube Video Converter
* Mac version – Pavtube Video Converter for Mac
Transcode Canon EOS C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC video for Premiere Elements
Step 1. Load EOS C700 4K footage
Launch the program and click “Add File” icon to import the Canon EOS C700 MXF files to the top 4K to Premiere Elements Converter. Batch conversion is supported.
Step 2. Choose MPEG-2 as output format
Go to the output format list to choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” ＞ “MPEG-2 (*.mov).”
Tip: Click “Settings” button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels. Gnerally, 1080p is the optinal setings for Premiere Elements editing, so you can downscale 4K to 1080p. Of course, if you want to stick with the orignal 4K resolution, just keep the orignal video size.
Step 3. Start the conversion
Click the “Convert” icon under the preview window, and the Mac Canon EOS C700 to Premiere Pro CC Converter will start transcoding MXF video to Premiere Elements on Mac.
After the conversion, click the “Open” button to locate converted files, then load them to Premiere Elements. Now you can successfully and easily import Canon EOS C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC footage to Premiere Elements for editing with best quality.
- Upload Canon 5D Mark IV 4K/HD Videos to Youtube/Vimeo/Instagram
- Uploading Canon EOS C700 4K ProRes to Instagram/Youtube/Vimeo
- Tips for Importing and Editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with Avid MC
- Canon 5D Mark IV 4K Video Recording, Review, Editing
- Can Final Cut Pro X Edit DJI Phantom 4K video?
- Import and Edit Sony A6300 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer