Summary: This tutorial will give you a step by step instruction about how to import MTS/M2TS files in FCP supported Prores codec.
While you are pleased with the video quality of the recordings, the trouble with this is that Final Cut Pro can not recognize MTS/M2TS files, whether you transfer them directly from your camera/camcorder or from the folder which has been copied to Mac. How to import MTS/M2TS files into final cut pro turns out to be the first problem that MTS/M2TS camera/camcorder users need to figure out.
Here is an easiest and most effective solution: converting MTS/M2TS to ProRes- Final Cut Pro native format, then you can edit the converted ProRes MOV files in FCP and edit them on Mac.
No worries, this Mac MTS to FCP Converter(read the review) is the top MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac from Pavtube, that can easily help you out with reliable efficiency and simple frank interface; no jitter, no slitter, all you need to do is a few clicks. Come and download Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac and let’s start!
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
– Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter-Download/dp/B00QIE3U0Y
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
How to convert MTS/M2TS video clips to FCP Proes MOV on Mac
Step 1. Install and launch this MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, click top left two icons to load individual videos or load the entire folder.
Step 2. Apple ProRes MOV is the best format for Final Cut Pro, here you just need to choose “Final Cut Pro” option and select “Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)” or “Apple ProRes 422(H1) (*.mov)”.
If you need to edit in iMovie, please choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov). And for Avid MC, please choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov).
And you can also click Settings to change the output video bitrate, frame rate, size, etc. all according to your needs.
Step 3. Click the big red circle at the bottom right to start converting MTS/M2TS video to FCP MOV on mac. Wait for a while, the video will be ready to be edited with FCP 6/7/X on mac smoothly and freely.
- Convert & Import JVC AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Windows Movie Maker
- Import AVCHD MTS/M2TS to iPhoto from Panasonic HC-X900/X800 on Mac
- Convert AVCHD/MTS/M2TS Footages to AIC MOV for iMovie
- Convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS to MPG, WMV, MOV for Premiere Elements 10
- Batch processing 1080p AVCHD MTS/M2TS at 50 or 60 frames