The Sony Alpha a6500 is a higher-end version of the company’s a6300 mirrorless camera. The major additions are a new LSI that greatly improves AF and burst shooting performance, 5-axis image stabilization, and a touchscreen LCD with ‘touchpad AF.’ Sony claims autofocus speeds of 0.05 secs and a top burst rate of 11 fps (8 fps with C-AF) for up to 307 shots. The in-body IS system is CIPA-rated to five stops. It retains the a6300’s 24.2MP CMOS sensor (APS-C-size), Hybrid AF system, EVF, 4K video capture capability and weather-sealed magnesium-alloy body.
Have problem with importing Sony Alpha a6500 4K (AVCHD, H.264, XAVC S) videos from your camera into iMovie for further editing? Or may you have some Sony Alpha a6500 4K files stored on your Mac and want to use them on iMovie? Then you’d better convert your MPG files to iMovie accepted files at first (iMovie compatible file formats: DV, MOV, MP4, M4V and AVCHD etc.). If you temporarily have no idea about what to do, you can take the Sony Alpha a6500 4K to iMovie Mac conversion into consideration which is introduced in the following paragraphs. The conversion is darn easy to be finished with only three clicks without loss of video quality.
To do the Sony Alpha a6500 4K video to iMovie Mac task, you are highly recommended to ask a professional Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac for help. The one used in this article has a built-in preset for iMovie so that users can directly select it to get iMovie files.
Free download the iMovie video converter for Mac:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Easy Steps to Convert Sony Alpha a6500 4K Videos to iMovie
Step 1. Locate video file
You can directly drag and drop the Sony Alpha a6500 4K files to the Mac program, or click the “Load Files” in the “File” menu to add the source Sony Alpha a6500 4K files.
Step 2. Choose iMovie ediatble format
Click “Format” pull down list to select iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) as the best video format for iMovie (11).
Step 3. Start Sony Alpha a6500 4K to iMovie conversion on Mac (macOS 10.12 Sierra supported)
Click the “Convert” button, and then leave the Mac Video Converter to do the rest. The converter also works on MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac. What’s more, if you have something emergency and have to leave from your Mac, you can set the Mac converter to shut down your Mac automatically after the Mac iMovie conversion.
- Load Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K to iMovie on Mac
- How to Import QuickTime projects to iMovie on Mac?
- Edit Sony Alpha a99 II AVCHD footages in iMovie on Mac
- Solution for Importing Videos from Camera to iMovie (iMovie 11 Included)
- Why I can’t import MPEG to iMovie on Mac?
- Best way to Compress Sony Alpha a99 II 4K to 1080p on Mac