Question: “I bought a Sony A77 camera recently, few days ago i had christening service of my twins as well a party and shooting many mts video clips, i want import recording mts videos to iMovie for editing on mac. Final, share them to my family and friends, but I discover import mts files into iMovie is seem impossible for me to do. I was serarch in sony forum, and someone tell me to need a mts video converter and convert them so they work on my iMovie.”
For Mac Camcorder users, iMovie is a great tool to edit clips which from camcorders and videos on mac. Some camcorders recorded video in MTS or AVCHD file extention. In some cases, you can import MTS videos into iMovie successfully because iMovie supports some camcorders file format.
But in the other hand, sometimes you find you can’t import MTS to iMovie on Mac. You get errors in importing MTS to iMovie. It because iMovie is not compatible with all popular HD cams. So if you want to import AVCHD/MTS to iMovie on Mac, you should convert MTS to iMovie compatible video format or transcode AVCHD to iMovie friendly format on Mac.
As far as I know, the best method is to convert recoding mts clips to iMovie native formats (e.g. Apple Intermediate Codec encoded .mov format). To help those who wanna edit Sony 1080 60p MTS clips in iMovie without crashing and rendering on Mac Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Lion or other Mac System. Here I recommend Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac – a professional Mac MTS to iMovie Converter. It can help Mac users to convert MTS to iMovie and convert AVCHD to iMovie supports video formats like AIC, MP4, MOV, etc so that you can import MTS to iMovie or import AVCHD to iMovie on Mac. With it, you can convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files iMovie smoothly on Mac.
1. Run the best MTS to iMovie Converter on Mac OS X, connect Sony A77 camera to Mac, then add multiple MTS or AVCHD files to the program. Select the box of “Merge into one file”, you can join/combine multiple MTS clips into one.
2. Click “format”, choose iMovie support video format, here I recommemd AIC codec, you can move your pointer to “iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)”.
3. To get best Video and Audio quality for editing A77 MTS in iMovie, please click “Settings” to set Video size, bitrate, frame rate and Audio sample rate, bitrate, channels as you want. Of course, you can also select the default setting.
4. Click “Convert”, start convert Sony A77 MTS video to AIC for iMovie editing on Mac Mountain Lion etc.
Of couser, if you would like, there are some editig functions to allow you make you videos before convert MTS to iMovie, like add watermark, trim video, crop video. When all things are ready, just click “Convert” button to convert Sony A77 MTS to iMovie on Mac. After conversion, you are able to click “Open” button to get the converted AIC MOV files for use in iMovie.
5. Launch iMovie, and then choose File > Import > Movies to import the converted Sony A77 MTS to iMovie for further editing.
Pavtube Studio recently unveils MTS Column – Convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files on Mac, perhaps you can find more the solutions.