The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 is a point and shoot camera, which in general means it is more portable than DSLRs but takes lower quality pictures. Within point and shoot cameras, the Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 is classified as a basic compact camera, which are designed to give users decent image quality (above that of a smartphone) with optical zooming capabilities at a reasonable price point. They’re one of the most portable options on the market as well, with the exception of ultra compact models. While editing with After Effects CC, many folks have high wishes for After Effects CC to add support for 4K XAVC-S footages from Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80. If you’re in such a situation, you can read on to learn more.
Granted, up to now, After Effects CC supports Sony XAVC Intra encoding without much problem, but in fact, editing Sony FS7 4K XAVC-S in After Effects CC. Thankfully you probably don’t have to buy a new computer… but you’d better to convert such high definition 4K XAVC-S videos from Sony FS7 to After Effects CC using mpeg-2 as primary delivery format to solve the incompatible trouble.
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac (read review) is the versatile 4K XAVC-S to After Effects CC transcoding software on Mac, the one used here can meet your demands with its simple interface, but rich functions:
- Transcode Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 XAVC S files to After Effects CC editable formats with keeping video quality.
- Convert MXF, MTS, MOV, MP4, MKV, H.265, 3GP, etc to After Effects CC.
- Provide simple editing function like trimming, cropping, adding special effect and inserting subtitles.
- Compress 4k XAVC videos to 1080p files with smaller size for smoothly editing
- Allow you to set the video/audio output parameters to get customized video effect.
- Convert SD/HD/4K XAVC-S files to editable footage for Avid Media Composer, FCP, FCE, iMovie, Avid Studio, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, iPhoto, Kdenlive, Keynote, etc.
- Rewrap 4K videos for playback on iPhone (6S/6S Plus), iPad (Pro/Mini 4), Galaxy Note (5), Roku (4), Apple TV (4), etc.
All these are reasons why this 4K XAVC-S video Converter for Mac worth a try. Thus, it is highly recommended on many forums. So, what does the workflow look like?
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
– Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to Transcode Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 XAVC S to After Effects supported file formats?
Step 1: Load Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 XAVC S files
Launch the Video Converter on your Mac, and you can either click “File” button to import Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 XAVC S files, or directly drag and drop the files into this program.
Step 2: Select MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output format
Click the “ Format ” button to choose output format from the dropdown list. For better editing on After Effects CC, choose “ Adobe Premiere/ Pro/Sony.. ” > MPEG-2 (*.mpg) is one of the best compatible video formats for you to choose. You also can choose WMV (VC-1)(*.wmv)/MOV(AVC)(*.mov).
Tip: Click the Settings icon to adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need to get the best quality video.
Step: 3. Start Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 XAVC S to AEF conversion
Hit the “Start conversion” button at the bottom right corner, let this smart Video Converter to do the rest for you! If you have added quite a bunch of video files, it would take some time to convert. In such case, you can click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion”. When the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MPG files effortlessly. Launch AE on your PC, choose “File > Import” to get converted MPG files into After Effects CS5/CS6/CC for further editing beautifully. Now using your After Effects to edit Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 XAVC S is so easy!