The Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio recorder is a file-based deck that records uncompressed in QuickTime and compressed in ProRes and DNxHD, storing the files onto two 2.5″ SSDs. Two SSD slots are available and allow continuous recording–the second disk automatically begins recording when the first becomes full. The disks can afterwards be hooked up to a computer by USB.
A diverse set of connections consists of 3G SDI, component, HDMI, XLR, RCA, Thunderbolt, USB and RS422. SD, HD, and 2K formats are supported, and capacity is additionally available for 4K playback from an SSD in ProRes. Color options are SD and HD 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4. Recording in 4:2:2 uncompressed offers higher dynamic range and thus more precision in color correction. Alternatively, recording in compressed ProRes or DNxHD allows five times longer recording and all the same maintains 10-bit color and full frame 1920 x 1080 sampling.
HyperDeck Studio Key Features:
- Record and playback to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Avid DNxHD MXF (Material EXchange Format) A file format from the Pro-MPEG Forum for the interchange of video production information. MXF files include audio/video content and related meta-data (production notes, camera settings, time code positions, etc. or 10-bit uncompressed QuickTime formats.
- Uses high speed off the shelf Solid State Disks (SSDs) available from computer resellers at low cost.
- Includes dual SSD slots allowing disks to be changed while recording for unlimited record duration.
- 3 Gb/s SDI(1) and HDMI inputs and outputs, including SDI loop through and monitoring outputs.
- Familiar broadcast deck VTR design and functionality, including jog/shuttle wheel and RS-422 deck control.
- A high resolution LCD screen displays timecode and transport information plus a full color preview of the current clip in record and playback.
- 1 rack unit design saves valuable rack space when mounting multiple units.
The Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio Pro creates files that are perfect for any broadcast and post production workflow! HyperDeck Studio’s uncompressed video files are recorded in QuickTime format to provide universal compatibility with leading video software. Both HyperDeck Studio models also support Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD industry standard file compression so you can record directly to your preferred video format. DNxHD and ProRes provide 5 times longer recording than uncompressed HD video, while maintaining 10-bit color and full frame 1920 x 1080 sampling.
MXF DNxHD to ProRes conversion
From the above information, you can see the software can records Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codec. In your editing, if you need to transcode MXF DNxHD to Apple ProRes or transcode video to DNxHD, you can use Pavtube MXF DNxHD to FCP X Converter for Mac, which has presetted profiles for ProRes and DNxHD. You can learn more in MXF column.
MXF to FCP X Converter has been hailed as the best MXF converter Mac OS X Lion 10.7 compatible to convert MXF file to Apple ProRes 422, AIC, MOV, HDV, DV, MP4 that can be imported by FCP X, FCP 7 for editing. Whether you need to re-compress, transcode, import or convert mxf to Final Cut Pro X, transfer MXF to iPad, iTunes, iPhone devices, all can be done beautifully.
MXF to FCP X Converter also batch converts MXF to FCP X so that you can import mxf to FCP X with least effort, the program helps you merge multiple video into one, cut off unwanted part and convert. As the best Video Converter OS X Lion, MXF to FCP X Converter enables you upload your video to Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook by converting mxf file to flv, swf.
Key Features of Pavtube MXF transcoder for FCP X
Turn MXF files into editable footage in FCP X, FCP 7, iMovie, FCP, FCE, Avid Studio.
Convert MXF to ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC output.
Recode MXF recordings to MOV, MP4, MKV, TS, VOB, etc. for different uses.
Transfer MXF to Apple TV, iPad, iPhone and more devices.
Upload MXF to Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo…
Add multiple MXF files to convert at a time and merge them into one file.
1. Download, install and run MXF Converter for Mac, drag and drop your Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio recorded MXF (DNxHD) files into the professional Blackmagic MXF DNxHD to FCP Converter for Mac. The program support batch load and convert video file.
2. Choose format that you need. To convert MXF DNxHD to Apple ProRes, you can click and choose “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”.
3. You can adjust the ProRes parameters according to your need. (Optional)
4. Edit video file. (Optional)
You can click Editor button to customize the video before converting videos. Six tabs are available: Trim, Crop, Text Watermark, Watermark, Effect and Audio Replace, etc.
5. Start Conversion.
Click the “Convert” button to start transcode Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio recorder MXF DNxHD to ProRes for Final Cut Pro X.
As soon as the format conversion is completed, you can import the converted MXF video to FCP X for editing on Mac OS X, etc.
- Types of Apple ProRes Codec for Final Cut Pro (X)
- P2 Card Mac Converter-Transcode Panasonic AG-HPX250/HPX255 P2 MXF to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP X
- Apple ProRes Format Specifications – Final Cut Pro (X) Compatible Formats
- Log and Transfer Blu-ray movie to Final Cut Pro with Apple ProRes 422 Format
- M2T files and FCP (X)-Transcode M2T footage to ProRes MOV for FCP 6/7, FCP X editing smoothly