Summary: This article recommended you a professional third party video converting tool to help you transcode MTS files to an editable MOV format on Mac OS X EL Capitan.
I’m working with a Canon Vixia HG20 HD camcorder, Mac 10.11, and iMovie HD 6. The camera is not recognized by iMovie, but I can’t figured that what would happen with it. So I’m left with a bunch of .mts files on the camera. I’ve tried all the methods I could but nothing works. Is there some program that can completely convert MTS files into MOV? Thank you.
Before answering the question, let’s have a basic understanding of MTS video first. In brief, MTS format is a currently booming high-definition (HD) video format mainly applied in HD camcorder such as Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC, which is a file extension for AVCHD video, MTS, it generally adopts H.264 video coding and AC-3 audio coding. This codec does not supported by editor on Mac OS X El Capitan, besides, other editor on PC cannot supported, too.
In order to edit MTS files on Mac OS X El Capitan, it’s needed to convert MPG MTS files to an editable MOV format on Mac OS X El Capitan. To easily convert MTS video to MOV video on Mac, a third party video converting tool is needed. Here the professional Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is strongly recommended. It has a user-friendly interface, which makes it very conveniently to convert MTS to an editable MOV format on Mac OS X El Capitan. The following information is about how to transcode MTS files to an editable MOV format on Mac OS X El Capitan (Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard supported).
Main Feature of Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac to transcode MTS to editable mov on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Three simple clicks to complete conversion from MTS to MOV.
- Edit MTS videos before converting to MOV or any other format as you want.
- Converting MPG videos to various video editing tool supported formats, such as QuickTime MOV, Windows Movie Maker WMV, etc.
- Burn MTS or MOV videos to DVD with ease.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
Transcoding MTS Files to an Editable MOV Format on Mac OS X El Capitan
Step 1: Run the best AVCHD MTS Converter on your the latest Mac OS X El Capitan, and click the “Add video” button to load your original files. You may also directly drag and drop files to application UI for importing files.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get the suitable output format from the optimized presets. For example: if you want to edit AVCHD MTS/M2TS files in FCP, you’d better choose “Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”.
Step 3: Click “Convert” to start the AVCHD MTS/M2TS to editable Mov on Mac OS X El Capitan.
- MTS Files to an Editable MOV Format on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Solve Importing Issues about Load Sony HDR-CX405/B footage in iMovie
- Import MTS to FCE for Editing and Uploading to YouTube
- Edit Humax recordings in Avid Media Composer and burn recording TS to DVD on Mac
- Importing and Interpreting Canon C300 .MXF to After Effects CS6/CS5.5/CS5/CS4