Part 1. What is MTS? What is FLV?
What is MTS?
The file extension for the AVCHD video format used in many new digital camcorders from companies such as Sony, Canon, and Panasonic. AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) is a high-definition and standard-definition recording format for use in digital tapeless camcorders. It is based on the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video compression standard. The format is comparable to other handheld video camera recording formats, particularly HDV and TOD.
AVCHD (AVC-HD, AVC HD) video is recorded using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video compression codec. Audio is stored in compressed form (Dolby AC-3). Uncompressed linear PCM audio is not supported in any consumer devices. Aside from recorded audio and video, AVCHD includes features to improve media presentation: menu navigation, slide shows and subtitles. The menu navigation system is similar to DVD-video, allowing access to individual videos from a common intro screen. Slide shows are prepared from a sequence of AVC still frames, and can be accompanied by a background audio track. Subtitles are used in some camcorders to timestamp the recordings.
What is FLV?
Flash Video (FLV ) is the name of a file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player (formerly known as Macromedia Flash Player) versions 6-10. Until version 9 update 2 of the Flash Player, Flash Video referred to a proprietary file format, having the extension FLV. The most recent public release of Flash Player supports H.264 video and HE-AAC audio. Flash Video content may also be embedded within SWF files. Notable users of the Flash Video format include YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo! Video, Reuters.com and many other news providers.
Part 2. Why We need Convert MTS to FLV?
1.Converting shooting some MTS files for a party, conference, wedding, baby growth, etc to YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo etc
3. Compatible with mts media player on computers running Mac
4. Converting MTS files into an iTunes compatible file for cataloging TV Shows/Movies
5. Putting MTS videos onto iPhone/iPad/iPod for playback on the go over Wi-Fi or Internet;
4. For moving video into a format suitable for uploading videos to the website
Part 3. How to Convert MTS to FLV on Mac?
What you need is one best MTS to FLV converter – Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac
- MTS to FLV video Converter can convert between 200+ media formats.
- Convert video to PS3, PS4, mobile phones, Android, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, NLE and other popular end devices.
- Basic video editing functions: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
- United free audio converter and video to image converter.
- Batch conversion and super fast conversion speed.
- Easy-to-use MTS Video Converter with simple clear interface.
- Regular updates provided for registered users without extra charge for lifetime
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
– Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter-Download/dp/B00QIE3U0Y
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
Quickly Convert MTS to FLV on Mac OS X with Pavtube Video Converter for Mac
Step 1: Input MTS Video(s).
Firstly you can import your target MTS video(s) that you want to convert to FLV into MTS/M2TS Video Converter Deluxe by clicking + Video button. And as for these videos you do no need to convert or have converted already, the Clear and Remove button will clear them out of the file list window. Besides, freely selectable language tracks give you plenty options to convert video with prefered language track.
Step 2: Select output as FLV.
And then, you can choose to flash video option as the output format from Output Profile windows. Pavtube Video Converter also furnishes several other categaries like TV, Samsung, iPhone, FCP etc.
Step 3: Set parameters and destination folder for output FLV.
In the parameter setting area, all the parameters are freely adjustable, like Audio/Video Quality, Audio sample rate, Video frame rate, Output image setting, video resolution and Audio/Video codec. You can customize these data to achieve the best quality you prefered.
Other convenience brought by this MTS to FLV converter is you can easily set the destination and open converted file folder with Browse and Open button.
Step 4: Hit Convert to begin converting MTS to FLV.
After the presetting of the above procedure, the next step is to click Convert button, and conversion process will indicate in the conversion dialog box below. Two options are available for users: Shut down computer when conversion completed or Open output folder when conversion completed.
1. MTS to other formats
2. MTS To NLE
- Sony HDR-SR1 MTS Editable to FCE
- MTS to Pinnacle Studio
- AVCHD MTS to Avid Media Composer
- MTS/M2TS to Windows Movie Maker
- MTS recordings to Sony Vegas Pro
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 to iMovie
3. MTS to others