In recent years, camcorders and Cameras are very popular in people’s lives now, many users tend to use it to memorize unforgettable moments in life, like wedding ceremony, graduation ceremony, speech contest, singer contest and wonderful family get together.
You must have used cameras or camcorders recorded many HD videos which are in different video format, like AVI, MP4, MOV, MTS, M2TS, MXF, etc. You may have imported videos to FCP for editing, and then you can export videos from FCP and share with your family or friends. But, how to store the videos projects from final cut pro on Mac? Burn Final Cut Pro project MOV to DVD disc or backup or playback is very good choice. As many people don’t know how to burn FCP project to DVD on Mac (include: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8). For example:
Q1: How do i burn a dvd from final cut pro?
I’m in my final cut pro and i need to take what i have and burn it on to a DVD that i can play on any DVD playey?
what do i export it too? and so on !
Q2: How to burn a FCP project to a playable DVD?
so i have a project in my timeline i want to put on a dvd so that it auto plays when placed in a dvd player. I have gone into compressor and tried a few different options including the DVD mode to m2s or something but that still wouldn’t load on a dvd player. So, what do i have to do to get it to play automatically when the dvd is inserted into a dvd player? Thanks.
Q3: Burning Final Cut Project to DVD – PLEASE HELP!
Hey guys, i’m having major problems trying to burn my project to DVD-Video. I rendered the project, exported as Quicktime Movie & every time i try dragging it into IDVD it keeps saying there are errors in the project & it will not burn. I also tried using the freeware app – BURN & no luck. I do not know how to use DVD STUDIO PRO & i have to get this burned ASAP! I do not need menus or anything like that, just a straight DVD that will play in a DVD player. Please guys any help would be great! Thanks so much.
Easy Steps to Burn Final Cut Pro projects to DVD on Mac
If you want to burn video files from Final Cut Pro to DVD, then can play well on home DVD player, you should use the right software to create/burn standard video DVD from your videos, a Free Mac DVD burning tool is required since FCP doesn’t allow you to burn DVD directly:
– Free Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac is an ideal tool to burn Final Cut Pro video files to DVD with ease. You can just import videos (BTW, photos slideshow also available), author a DVD menu from template, and lastly burn movies to DVD disc that can be played any home DVD player with high quality. By the way, Free DVD Creator for Mac can also burn common videos (MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, TiVo, MXF, MTS, etc.) to DVD with customized Menu and soundtrack. Step by step, this tutorial will show you how to burn Final Cut Pro videos to DVD on Mac. If don’t have a Mac, get the Windows version and burn FCP-exported MOV video to DVD in Windows. Two parts will be included:
Part 1: Export Video Edited by Final Cut Pro
Part 2: Burn Final Cut Pro video to DVD Disc on Mac
The procedure that should be followed to export or edit the video by using the FCP software is listed below:
1. Download the Final Cut Pro form the Mac App Store. Generally the software comes with a heavy bunch of instruction manual, which can be followed to install the software on your Mac.
2. After downloading and installing the software, open the software and drag and drop the videos over the list pane of the software in the sequence you want to organize them in you movie.
3. Perform the addition setting adjustments as per your need and desire. The software offers a wide range of video adjustments that will help you to build a better movie.
4. Lastly, save Final Cut Pro file to your hard drive by “File > Export> QuickTime Movie…to export your FCP project to MOV files on your Mac and enjoy it with the family and friends. If you have already saved it to .fcp file, open it with FCP and re-save the videos as QuickTime MOV files. If your DVD player supports playing VOB, you can convert Final Cut Pro exported video to VOB with a video converter, rather then burning FCP to DVD disc.
But the main limitation of the FCP is that you cannot watch the movie that has been edited or created by the software in any other device that does not run on the Apple or MAC platform. Suppose you want to watch the movie with your friends on a DVD home theatre system, but unfortunately the Final Cut Pro does not provide any facility that lets you burn FCP video to DVD. If you want to do so, you need to take the help of some third party software that enables you to convert the FCP movies to DVD format and burn to DVD disc for play on any home DVD players. This is why you need Free DVD Creator for Mac. The steps that you need to follow to create a DVD using this software are as follows:
Step 1. Import QuickTime movie to the Free DVD Creator for Mac
Start up Free Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac, click “Import” tab to browse your hard drive and load the FCP exported MOV files into the program. Or you can just drag & drop the MOV files into it for burning.
Step 2. Add Title
To create another Title, click the “Add Title” button and add more source videos. Please notice the size indicator at the bottom, if exceed the red line, you are suggested change to DVD9 or remove some videos. Edit movie clip and Customize your DVD menu. You can edit your videos with trim, crop, watermark, effect settings, audio replacing settings features.
Step 3. Author DVD menu
Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac enables you to custom a DVD menu to fully access your Final Cut Pro video on DVD disc. There are three built-in DVD menu templates under “Menu” tab for you to choose from.
Step 4. Free Burn projects from Final Cut Pro to DVD on Mac
Switch to “Preview” tab to have a look at the final playback effect of your DVD. If anything needs to be changed, go back to the former steps to do modification. Once you are satisfied, go to “Burn” tab to set settings like video standard (PAL or NTSC), audio channels (5.1 channels, Mono, Stereo), output settings, disc label, and DVD drive (please insert a blank DVD disc into your selected DVD writer). Press “Burn” button and the Free Mac DVD authoring program will start creating DVD from FCP MOV source files automatically.
What people are saying about Free Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac
“I like the option from file to “Quick burn” which ultimately allows me to burn the files to a dvd without having to re-author them. This is a feature most all dvd authoring software lacks.”
“A great program. Able to burn DVD’s of shows in my TiVo folder (Modern Family, Mike and Molly and so on). Only software I’ve found that will do that other than the Tivo Desktop Pro which costs money which I never wanted to pay, so I didn’t. Shows on the DVD are extremely high quality.”
More about FCP project file
The latest version of Final Cut Pro is Final Cut Pro X. It uses the FCPX as the project file extension and is not compatible with the previous FCP projects. That is to say, you need a correct version prior to Final Cut Pro X to export FCP project to MOV before burning to DVD.