Description: Who says you can’t have it all? The Sony NEX-6 features a wish list of features and still fits in your pocket. And it’s fast, too. Make quick changes with a handy DSLR-like dial. Focus and track fast-moving subjects with the speed and accuracy of phase and contrast detection. It even shoots 16.1MP photos at a blistering up to 10fps.
The Sony Alpha NEX-6 16MP enthusiast mirrorless interchangeable lens camera builds on the features first seen on the NEX-5R, including Wi-Fi, in-camera apps and on-sensor phase detection. In addition it gains the high-resolution, 2.3M dot OLED viewfinder previously seen on the NEX-7, plus an external mode dial. In addition, the NEX-6 becomes the first NEX camera to feature the Sony’s revived Quick Navi interactive control panel and an ISO-standard hotshoe. The NEX-6 is launched along with a 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 retractable power zoom lens creating a much smaller zoom kit than was previously possible with the NEX system.
Style: Body Only
- Pocket camera with professional-grade performance
- 16 MP APS-C sensor with up to 10 fps shooting and Full HD video
- Fast Hybrid AF includes phase-detection for DSLR-like focus
- Bright XGA OLED viewfinder for 100% coverage
- Wi-Fi® sharing and downloadable camera apps
For those who love customizing movies, editing movies is necessary. However, if you get a Sony NEX-6 camcorder and want to edit the MTS files on Mac, you will find it is not so easy as neither Final Cut Pro 6/7 nor Final Cut Pro X can edit the AVCHD directly. To solve this problem, there are so many converters if you search on google. Here i recommend you to choose Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac according to my rich experience of converting. This kind of software is professional and easy-to-use. You can convert your files without quality loss.
As in known to us, Apple ProRes MOV is best codec for Mac editing software such as Final Cut Pro 6/7, Final Cut Pro X, FCE and so on, if you need to edit Sony NEX-6 AVCHD 1080p/6p MTS on Mac, you can convert them to MOV first. Just free download Pavtube Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac, follow the guide below to import Sony Nex-6 AVCHD MTS videos to Final Cut Pro 6/7, Final Cut Pro X.
1. Load MTS files from Sony Alpha Nex-6
After running the Sony AVCHD converter for Mac, hit “Add” to load AVCHD files from your Sony Alpha Nex-6 camera. You can drag multiple file to the program one time.
- If necessary, you can click “” to edit the file- trim, crop and add special effects, add watermark etc. to the file.
- If necessary, you can imput several files to the converter one by one to combine them as one file using “Merge into one” functional button
2. Choose MOV as output format
Click the “Format” bar, you will see the “Final Cut Pro” menu. The menu has several formats for choosing as the best output format. You’d better choose Apple ProRes 422(HQ)(*.mov) to keep the original video qaulity.
- Settings – Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. If your source file is 1080p, you’d better keep the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 and keep 5.1 channels to keep the best quality for editing Sony NEX-6 AVCHD MTS videos in Final Cut Pro 6/7 or Final Cut Pro X. Pay attention, if your original recordings are 1080 50p, then you should choose 25fps as the frame rate.
3. Convert Sony NEX-6 AVCHD 1080p MTS videos to MOV
Hit the “Convert” button; it will convert Sony NEX-6 AVCHD MTS to ProRes 422(HQ) MOV on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
As soon as the Sony NEX-6 AVCHD to MOV conversion process is 100% completed, please click “Open” to find the converted video.
4. Transfer AVCHD MTS files to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X
Launch Final Cut Pro 7/FCP 6/FCP X, choose File > Import > Files…, and browse to where you save the converted AVCHD clips to. Choose the videos that you’d like to add. Now you can read How to import the converted AVCHD to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X for smoothly editing without any issue for get more information.
Tips for Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac Useage:
1. If the supposed size of the input files is 1GB, then the memory space should be up to 40GB.
2. Auto shutdown: Click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion” before conversion starts.
3. Plus, if you attempt to burn your Sony NEX-6 AVCHD files to a blank DVD, a DVD folder, or an ISO image file on your Macintosh computer, Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac is a good choice. This Mac DVD burner comes with an absolutelyFree Version at during 2012 Thanksgiving Promotion. See how tofree burn AVCHD (.mts) to a playable DVD on Mac and how to free Burn AVI, MKV, MP4 to DVD on Mac.
4. If you intend to edit Sony NEX-6 AVCHD files with iMovie 8/9/11 or Final Cut Express 4, only need to change the step 2, you should choose “Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” as output format from “iMovie and Final Cut Express” catalogue.
- a. After the completion of all steps, start up iMovie, choose File > Import > Movies…, and navigate to the source folder to import files.
- b. Open up Final Cut Express, follow File > Import > Files… to browse and load the files you need to edit.