MTS and M2TS are HD video formats adopted in HD camcorder and Blu-ray disc which are capable of storing quite a large amount of information and data tracks. They are used for the HD recordings of some Sony, Panasonic, Canon and other AVCHD camcorders. Only a few players can play M2TS or MTS files, therefore lots of media lovers want to convert MTS or M2TS files to other more popular video formats like MP4 for easy enjoyment. And HandBrake has already preset some output video formats for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV and more which you can choose when it’s needed.
Part 1. How to Convert MTS/M2TS to MP4/MKV with HandBrake on Mac
Note: With HandBrake, you can only convert the MTS or M2TS video to MP4 or MKV. If you want to do more with your cam video, go to Part 2.
Step 1. Download HandBrake to convert your MTS/M2TS video.
Step 2. Add your MTS/M2TS files to the Mac app. After the launch of HandBrake, you’ll see the import window, where you can choose your MTS/M2TS file to add. Only one file can be imported at a time. If you want to perform batch conversions, try a HandBrake alternative instead. If there is no import window shown up, you can click “Source” at the top left corner of the main interface to open it, or you can also click the “Browse” button to find your file to convert.
Step 3. Set the output format. Under the Output Settings section in the middle of the main interface, click the format box to choose MP4 or MKV to be your output format. After that, adjust your output video settings by clicking the proper tab on the bottom of the interface. If you want to customize the picture settings, click the picture settings icon at the top right corner.
Step 4. Start to convert MTS, M2TS with HandBrake. Now, at the top left corner, click the “Start” button to convert MTS or M2TS with your HandBrake. You can add more files to the converting queue by clicking the “Add to Queue” button.
Part 2. How to Convert MTS/M2TS to MPEG-2, MOV, AVI, FLV, H.265 and More
It’s a piece of cake to convert MTS or M2TS with Handbrake. But it’s a bit complicated to set the video settings and the output formats are limited to MP4 and MKV. If you want to convert MTS or M2TS to more popular formats like H.265, AVI, F4V, MOV, WMV, etc. with precise parameter settings and rich video editing, Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac would become the best solution. (read review)
Best MTS/M2TS Video Converter - Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac
- Convert MTS/M2TS files to various formats, such as MP4, H.265, FLV, AVI, MOV, 3GP, etc.
- Extract audio from videos and save them as MP3, AC3, WAV, AAC, and so on.
- Convert MTS/M2TS to editor like iMovie, FCP, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve etc formats.
- Convert MTS/M2TS files with 6X faster conversion speed.
- Trim, crop the video, or add watermark, adjust effect, attaching subtitles for pre-editing your MTS/M2TS video files so that you can simplify your iMovie editing.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later, including the newest macOS Sierra.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
PS: Windows version - Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter
How to Convert MTS/M2TS to MOV, MP4,H.265, MKV, AVI, FLV, 3GP and More on Mac
Step 1. Import MTS/M2TS videos
At first, you should load your MTS or M2TS videos to this software with drag and drop method. By the way, you can achieve that by touching “File” menu then selecting “Load Files” as well.
Step 2. Set right output format. Click “Format” bar, and select .mp4, .h.265, .mov etcfrom “Common video” or “HD video” to suit your needs.
a. The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the “Settings” button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good choice.
b. You can use the video editor designed in this MTS/M2TS Video Converter to edit your original videos. Click “Edit” on the main interface, and edit your videos by trimming (get/cut off video clips), cropping (remove unwanted areas), adding text/image/video watermarks, inserting subtitles, adding special effects, etc.
Step 3. Click the “Convert” button on the main interface and the software will start to convert MTS/M2TS to any formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click “Open” to find the converted video files.
- top 5 MTS M2TS video editor review
- Top 5 MTS/M2TS Video Editors for Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc)
- Get the Best 3 Programs Like Handbrake for macOS Sierra
- Importing AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Camtasia 2 on Mac OS X
- Join and Convert MTS/M2TS Files for playing with VLC Player
- Recommend : Best 5 Freemake Video Converter Alternatives
- Easily Solve “FCP X won’t edit AVCHD files” issue